His Grace, THE MOST REVD. DR. EMMANUEL CHUKWUMA (OON)
Chairman, Joint Provincial Episcopal Synod of the Ecclesiastical Province of the Niger, Niger Delta, Owerri, Enugu and Aba.
Bishop of Enugu Diocese
40D Nawfia Street, Independence Layout, Enugu, Enugu State.
Cathedral: CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF GOOD SHEPHERD, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE.
Educational Data: West African School Cert; Teachers Grade II Cert; Diploma in Rel. Studies; Diploma in Theology; Licentiate in Theology; Bachelors of Arts; Education; Masters of Education in Psychology; Doctor of Divinity, Doctor of Applied Theology.
Career (Working Life): Teacher 1974-1977; Church Ministry 1978-1981; Priest 1981-1990; Bishop of Bauchi 1990-1998; Bishop of Enugu 1998-Date; CAN Chairman Bauchi State 1991-1997; CAN Patron Enugu State 1999-Date; CAN Chairman Emeritus South East. Chairman Enugu State Christian Religious Board for 4 years.
Record of Previous Honour/Award: American Man of the Year 2004, Grand Patron of Jerusalem 1996
Ground of Recommendation: (i.e. the special spectacular contributions rendered at Community/Local Government/State Government/Federal Government)
1. The Bishop has helped in keeping peace among Christians and Muslims.
2. He has helped in maintaining peace between the Govt. and People.
3. Established School and Hospital
4. Provided employment for School leavers
5. Involved in alleviating poverty among the less privileged, paid hospital bills.
6. Caring for Motherless Children.
7. Chairman for Enugu State Committee for fostering and Adoption.
8. Defended Christian faith in England against the homosexuals in 1998 Lambeth Conference of Bishops.
9. Planted churches in the North and South.